When you have a newborn baby, finding the time to get things done can be difficult. This is why it’s a good idea to do the following six things before your baby arrives.
Before Your Baby Arrives, You Should…
- Pack Your Hospital Bag – There is no knowing when you will go into labour, so pack your hospital bag in advance. When your contractions start, the last thing you will want to do is pack a bag and run the risk of forgetting something in the rush. This includes items for you and your newborn, such as the personalised baby blanket a loved one bought.
- Pamper Yourself – Once your baby has arrived, you may struggle to find time to pamper yourself and relax. So, it’s a good idea to treat yourself beforehand. This doesn’t necessarily mean booking an expensive spa treatment, it could be something as simple as getting your hair cut or enjoying a relaxing bath.
- Take Bump Photos – As your baby grows into a child, your memories of having a baby bump are likely to fade and it will all seem like a distant memory. This is why many women choose to take photographs of their baby bumps. It’s a good way to look back and remember where your child came from.
- Have an Evening Out – Going out as a couple and socialising with friends becomes a lot more difficult when you have a baby in tow, so enjoy an evening out before they arrive. This could include a romantic dinner with your partner, a dinner party with friends or a trip to the cinema.
- Write an Announcement List – Once your baby has arrived, you will find yourself lost in an emotional bubble and having a newborn to take care of will be all you can think about. To ensure you don’t forget to call or text anyone announcing the birth, make a list beforehand of everyone you want to share the news with.
- Prepare Your Home – Life can become chaotic when you have a newborn, so do as much preparation as you can beforehand. This could include pre-washing baby clothes, sorting out any personalised baby gifts you have been given, organising the changing table and stocking up on nappies. These are all jobs you will struggle to find the time for once your baby arrives.
Though you shouldn’t push yourself too much before your baby arrives, make the most of the lead up to their birth and having the time to get things done. Stock up on blankets and comforters by browsing the My Personalised Baby range.