You have probably seen long lists detailing everything you need to buy before a baby arrives, a lot of which is for the nursery. We have taken a look at five things you may want to consider for your baby’s nursery.
5 Things Every Nursery Should Have
- Cot or Bassinet – There is no denying that the most important thing to have in a nursery is a bed which, for babies, comes in the form of a cot or bassinet. Regardless of whether you opt for a cot or bassinet, you will find a wide range of options to choose from. There are different styles, prices and sizes to consider.
- Changing Table – There is no getting away from the fact that having a baby means changing many, many nappies. That is why every nursery should have a changing table. A changing table provides an organised place for you to change nappies and store supplies, such as wipes and creams.
- Personalised Baby Comforters – A lot of people overlook the importance of a baby comforter, but they are one of the key things to have as a parent. A comforter helps a child to feel calm, relaxed and happy. Though there are a number of comforters to choose from, our personalised baby comforters are a popular choice. Not only are they cute and comforting, but they are unique to your child.
- Wardrobe or Chest of Drawers – A baby may be small, but they certainly have a lot of clothes and you will need somewhere to keep them organised. You will make dressing and changing your baby a lot easier if you know exactly where everything is, rather than wasting time looking for socks or a specific onesie. You can simply grab what you need from the specific section.
- Rocking Chair – Though a rocking chair is by no means a nursery necessity, it is certainly a beneficial piece of furniture to have in your nursery. Not only is the rocking chair a comfortable place for parents to sit whilst feeding, it can be helpful when it comes to soothing a baby to sleep.
Of course, this is not an extensive list and just five of the key things every nursery should have. You may also benefit from storage boxes, cuddly toys, a mobile and soft furnishings. To find out more about any of our personalised baby comforters or personalised baby gifts, browse the My Personalised Baby range or get in touch.